Are you worried about going on a ski holiday with your friends or family? Don’t be – come to Les Gets where there is so much more to do than just ski!
While your friends and family are throwing themselves down mountains, you can have just as much fun or maybe even more, enjoying alternative activities and still meet them for lunch on a sunny terrace!
- Have you tried snow shoeing? Get up out into the fresh air and walk along marked trails all through forests and enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountains
- Spa Day – who doesn’t love a day of pampering and well-being. Les Gets has a good choice of spas offering beauty treatments and some have indoor pools, jacuzzi, steam rooms and saunas, so very easy to take some time out and chill.
- Meet your ski group for lunch – the access to the pistes for non-skiers in Les Gets is really good. Right in town the telecabine will whisk you up to the mid-station where you have a choice of restaurants and sunny terraces with deck chairs – so take your book and top up your tan while you wait for the skiers to have lunch
- Visit the weekly market in Les Gets. Every Thursday you can wander around the local market, taste some of the produce of the area, cheeses, charcuterie and check out the local crafts from the region.
- Join in with the skiers for après-ski, you can access the bars in Les Gets without skis
- Enjoy the thrill of the mountains without skis, you can take a skidoo, husky sled or ride a horse. There are different choices to suit all levels
- Thought about soaring above the skies? Take a tandem paragliding flight, you’ll enjoy the awesome views from up there.
- Visit the Mechanical Music Museum – and now for something completely different! Did you know Les Gets is famous for its mechanical music and the museum is just wonderful to immerse yourself in yesteryear and while away an afternoon.
- Shopping! Les Gets has numerous lovely shops offering a wide range of clothing, shoes, boots, accessories and not just ski gear! local produce and crafts, jewellery, concept stores, local pottery, hairdressers, patisseries and cafés.
- There are weekly activities in Les Gets to join, including yoga and fitness classes, foraging walks, taking a walking tour and learning the history of Les Gets, stained glass workshops, visit the local pottery and much more.
- Ride the all season luge, down at The Perrieres areas in Les Gets, open every day during the winter and summer seasons.
- Take a local bus ride and visit some of the beauty spots around Les Gets. Take the petit train up to Mont Caly and enjoy the breathtaking views of Mont Blanc.
So if you thought visiting a ski resort was all about skiing, think again! At Chalet Bluebell we can help you plan your day and organise any activities and trips you would like to make.